Looking fresh faced is vital for a model but with castings starting at 7am and shoots even earlier, it’s no surprise that guys and girls find it hard to master the naturally energized look. Big bags, it’s time to say goodbye!
Using our make-up tips (for men and women) and lifestyle suggestions as a guide, we hope you will be able to increase your chances of success by turning up to castings and photo shoots looking your best.
Make-up tips for ladies
– Find a gold, white or light brown eye shadow that has minimal glitz to it (a little bit of shimmer is okay but avoid huge bits of glitter). Swipe the brush from one side of your eyelid to the other, then repeat on the other eye. The effect will be brightening but without looking try hard. Do not use red tones.
– Curl your eyelashes before and after applying mascara. Pinch the curlers together near the base of the eyelash, again in the middle and then at the end. Curled eyelashes open up the eyes
– Run a natural coloured eyeliner (beige or brown, do not use black or white) along your lower lash line. This brightens the eye in a really subtle way.
– If you want a high impact look, create bright eyes using a damp eye shadow brush. The moistness will really emphasize your powder colour.
– Avoid thick layers of foundation; opt for tinted moisturiser instead.
– Wearing a blusher and concealer that matches your skin tone is really important. When applied in the right way it will lift and brighten your whole face. Don’t be tempted to buy a lighter tone than your skin requires as this will have an adverse effect. Visit a make-up artist in a department store to get a skin match and free advice/tips for your skin.
– Use an eye revitalising eye roller. We love Simple Kind To Eyes Revitalising Eye Roll-On, it’s £4.99 a bottle and small enough to keep in your make-up bag/ back pocket.
– Introduce anti-fatigue moisturiser into your daily routine. This will bring an instant freshness to your face and protect your skin throughout the day. Try NUXE Crème Prodigieuse Anti-Fatigue Moisturising Cream.
Skincare tips for men
Skincare tips for men- Clinique M Cover is a specially formulated concealer for men. It can be applied to blemished areas or dark circles.
– Run an eye roller under your eyes when they’re feeling tired, or, get in a routine and use it every morning. It’s a simple stick that can be applied easily. We recommend the L’Oreal Men Expert Hydra Energetic Eye Roll-On for £11.79.
– Use a moisturiser and one that’s especially designed to battle the signs of fatigue. Whilst buying the eye roller above, grab the L’Oreal Hydra Energetic Daily Moisturiser from the same range.
– We’ve all heard of the ‘cucumber trick’ – it actually works! Chill a cucumber in the fridge and then cut off two slices. Apply these to your eyes and lay back for fifteen minutes whilst the magic happens.
– Use cold teabags in the same way as cucumber slices. (The chances are you have teabags in the house already.)
– Take your make-up off before you go to bed. Not only will this benefit your skin, it will mean you don’t create red puffy eyes in the morning trying to get old make-up off!
– Get 8 hours of sleep a night. It’s what your body needs to look its best.
– Elevate your head when you’re sleeping with an extra pillow or two.
– As soon as you get up in the morning and go to the bathroom, splash your face with cold water. It’ll make you gasp… and look energized!
– Drink lots of water. Water hydrates the body, and in turn, keeps skin fresh.
– Avoid lots of salt, sugar and alcohol in your diet. Enjoy lots of natural foods including fruit and veg.
– Keep your hair clean and well maintained.