A child modelling agency represents children and young people who want to model. If your little one dreams of being a model, or you’ve simply been told by a lot of people that they’d be great for the job, then it can be quite daunting to know how to go about finding one. When looking for a child modelling agency, you want to appear professional at all times, and showcase your child in the best possible light. So, here are a few pointers!
The Realities Of A Child Modelling Agency
Every single child modelling agency will receive hundreds (maybe even thousands) of applications on a regular basis. They can become tired of seeing the same thing over and over again. It sounds harsh, but just because your child is your little darling, it doesn’t mean that the a top child modelling agency will agree. It may sound ruthless, but that’s their job to be honest.
If your child is cute, it’s likely that they’ll find work of some description. However, you need to start small, and then let the bigger jobs come in with experience!
Tips To Catch The Eye Of A Child Modelling Agency
If an agency is going to invest in your child or teen, they’ll need to see the following:
- Potential. Nobody is going to go out on a limb for a child who doesn’t exhibit potential in a range of areas.
- That the child is photogenic. You should present them with a range of portfolio shots, ideally professionally taken.
- Your ability to work with them easily. Read submission instructions carefully. You only have one chance to make a first impression. Make sure you do what they ask; and make yours count.
- Attitude – both yours and that of your child. If you’re first starting out, leave the diva behaviour at the door.
- That the child wants to model. Some parents sadly force modelling on their children. Modelling agencies can spot this from a mile off, and it usually isn’t worth the risk for them!
Have you had any dealings with a child modelling agency? Can you think of any tips we haven’t covered?