If you’ve ever thought to yourself “I want to try modelling”, it can be the first steps on an exciting journey. However, you should of course recognise that it’s not an easy task, and whilst everyone can of course give it a go; not everyone will be successful. So, how should you get stuck in?!
I Want To Try Modelling: Baby Steps
You can’t wake up one morning, decide “I want to try modelling”, and the next minute, be strutting your stuff alongside Kendall Jenner on the runway at NYFW or LFW. Sorry, it just doesn’t work that way!
To get started, you really need to think about why you want to do it. Do you like attention? The spotlight? Do you want your time to shine? Perfect!
The first steps are to get practising. Take some test shots with a friend. If they have a professional camera, even better! Have a go at posing, and walking like a model.
The next steps involve getting a portfolio together. This is your photo-CV, if you will. Agencies will want to see how you photograph! UK Models can help you get a really professional one together; or you can work ‘TFP’ – Time For Print – in order to get some great shots to start off with!
I Want To Try Modelling: Managing Expectations
Modelling is a tough industry, full of competition and challenges. However, if you’re ready for it, you can do it! Here are a few things to note:
- You can’t expect to go full time or even to be paid right away.
- If you want great results, you have to put in the effort.
- You need to take care of yourself. This means eating properly, working out, keeping hydrated.
- You need the right attitude. Absolutely no divas! Professionalism is key.
- Networking is important, as is being in the right place at the right time.
- Rejection can happen, no matter what level you’re at.
Still thinking “I want to try modelling”? Why not get in touch with UK Models today? By clicking one simple link, we can get you signed up for some portfolio shots to get you started. Whilst UK Models is not an agency; the team here to support your dreams!